Shared Governance Journey
Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate key concepts of one of the following: either your future pathway to excellence or your shared-governance model you wish to initiate at one of the three areas: 1. Saint Louis Medical Center (SLMC)/community or critical access hospital, 2. Home health/community transition, or 3. Long term care/skilled nursing facility (SNF) or memory care (CO 5), (b) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your proposed project (CO 4), and (c) communicate your information in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner (CO 5).
Note: You are completing this assignment as if you are the nurse executive. You are to decide whether you wish to focus on implementing your pathway to excellence or a shared governance model. You will choose one of the areas to implement either your pathway to excellence or your shared governance model. What elements would like to adopt and implement for your organization?
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3
Total Points Possible: 200
1. This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of standard grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
2. Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
3. Submit to the appropriate assignment area by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A discussion topic.
4. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page.
5. APA format using the sixth edition manual is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual sixth edition for details. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
a. Include introduction; include your which of the three areas of focus you have chosen (do not label as a heading in APA format)
b. Key components of pathway to excellence or shared-governance model
c. Supporting evidence
d. Importance to nursing examples
PREPARING THE PAPER
Note: Use the documents related to SLMC to assist in the completion of this assignment, as needed.
1. Include a clear introduction of your focus area (choose one of the three above) in the introduction paragraph, including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
2. Clearly articulate key components (at least two) of either your pathway to excellence or your shared-governance model project to be implemented.
3. Include a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your area of focus. See resources related to SLMC if you need to review the information for that area.
4. Provide specific examples (at least two) of the impact and importance of either your pathway to excellence or shared-governance model project related to nursing. Consider how you will engage your staff and leadership team in this project.
5. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
6. The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference pages.
7. Title and reference pages must be in APA format following the sixth edition manual.
8. Use 12 point, Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper