TeaLand S.A. is a London company that started as a medium-sized company. Its main activity is the commercialization of tea to various European countries. Currently they obtain tea from the main producing countries: China, India, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Indonesia and Turkey. They sell their tea in different ways: in bulk, in bags and cold tea as a soda. They not only sell to supermarkets, but also to companies and the hospitality and catering industries.
They have been in the market for approximately 20 years, with an exponential growth in the first 15 years due to the quality of the tea they offer and an excellent and careful Marketing campaign, which has put them at the top of the market.
However, TeaLand is not known to take good care of its workers. In a job satisfaction survey taken a few months ago, the results were alarmingly negative, and it is unknown how this information was leaked to the media. Its repercussion was so great that sales were directly affected, which led the firm to not achieve last years goals.
In this survey several topics surfaced: endless workdays, low salaries, difficulty reconciling work and personal life, low career options within the company, scarce training, etc.
In regard to consumers, in recent surveys it is said that it is a well respected brand, and satisfaction is high, since they are very aromatic teas. However, the lack of an ecological tea option is highlighted as a negative aspect.
In recent years, other European, American and Asian brands have been gaining ground, as they offer a product of similar quality but at a more competitive price, a wide range of ecological varieties, and also a remarkable and commendable commitment to the environment and the community: collaboration with NGOs, sustainability projects with producing countries, etc.
Taking into account the situation which TeaLand is currently facing, they have decided to hire the services of a specialized consultancy in CSR, and they assign the project to you.
1. Analyze the starting situation: make a complete, synthesized and visual analysis, and design a SWOT matrix.
2. Formulate realistic goals to achieve with the CSR Plan.
3. Create a Stakeholders Map: in this section we ask you to design a map classifying the groups of interest.
4. Develop a Strategic CSR Plan: this is the most important exercise of the final project, and therefore the one with the most academic weight.
5. State which CSR measurement tools you are going to propose for TeaLand.
6. Final thoughts: make a final consideration in the form of an evaluation and conclusions about CSR at present.