Strategic Management Discussions
Please write substantive responses addressing the questions below.
The development and implementation by the global enterprise of integrated business strategies and policies is the focus of this applied course. Course contents include the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the corporate resources, products, and assets. Advanced research is an integral component of this course.
Analyze some of the changes occurring in the way that organizations structure themselves and their work.
Apply critical thinking skills to analyze business situations.
Appropriately use effective communication techniques.
Conclude situations that present potential ethical and ethical issues, and develop solutions for those issues.
Create plans to improve business operations.
Describe the joint utility and importance of all aspects of the global business organization in the strategic management process.
Differentiate the relationships between a firm and the political and economic forces within its community.
Interpret examples of good and bad business practices in the use of strategy design components.
Predict the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
1. Review the Terminal Course Objectives, accessed by clicking on the Course Information tab at the top of your screen, scrolling down to the Course Objectives and then selecting View class objectives. How will accomplishing these objectives support your success in management? What risks or challenges might a manager encounter if they have not mastered these objectives? Explain.
2. What is the importance of current data in a SWOT analysis?
3. How do you identify the SWOT factors in a fictitious firm?
4. Which SWOT Factors must be specific to the firm and which can be Generic? Why?
1. What are the most important elements of a Business Plan? Why?
2. What other elements should be added to the Business Plan to encourage potential investors?
3. How important is accurate financial data to the Business Plan? Why?
1. Collaboration in a business environment is a best practice that leverages the collective knowledge of the team that is assembled. Peer evaluation and support, provided in the spirit of continuous improvement and organizational success, result in higher quality deliverables than what are generally possible by the efforts of an individual.
1. Describe the process that you plan to use to conduct research, identify findings, and develop the Comprehensive Project that is due in Unit 5.
2. Present a preliminary outline that indicates how you intend to organize the project deliverable.
2. Please review the process and outlines of other students, providing an objective assessment and constructive feedback that will help strengthen the effectiveness of their efforts and the quality of their finished products.
3. What are the essential elements of a Mission Statement?
4. What is the purpose of a Key Operating Principle?
5. What sort of additional material would best ensure success of the project? Why?